ADL X1 - Alpha Design Labs X1 24/192 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
Headphone listening is an intimate sonic experience and most enthusiasts employ headphone amplifiers and a good pair of ‘phones– like the ADL H118! The headphone amplifier determines the quality of sound in hand with the headphones.
The X1 is small, discrete but highly specified with inputs supporting iOS digital at up to 16/48 via APPLE MFI certified USB Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad devices. The X1 also runs 24/192 SPDIF with high-resolution files from PC via the PC’s USB output. There’s an analog line-level 4-pin 3.5mm input and a 4-pin 3.5mm output for headphones in the 12~600 ohm range. The 4-pin input supports 3.5mm Remote and Mic Earphones. The 3.5mm TOSLINK optical output delivers USB source signal up to 24/192. There’s a convenient GND TRRS switch making it easy to change from one 4-pin set of ‘phones to another.
- High-quality volume control and On/Off switch (front)
- Gold-plated 3.5mm input connector: Analog line input (switched)
- Gold-plated 3.5mm output connector-1: Headphone or Analog out
- Gold-plated 3.5mm output connector-2: Headphone / Analog out or 3.5mm optical output for 24/192 (MAX) SPDIF
- 4-layer gold-plated printed circuit board with >1oz copper thickness
- Gold-plated USB A socket for 16/48 iDevices (iPod/iPhone/iPad)
- Gold-plated USB mini-B connector for 24/192 PC operation
- Recharges via PC USB connection or AC/DC switching power adapter (sold separately)
- Attractive aluminum cover and ABS plastic body
- Max headphone output at 1%THD @ 1KHz: 34mW(12 ohm), 60mW(16 ohm), 82mW(32 ohm), 86mW(56 ohm), 36mW(300 ohm), 19mW(600 ohm)
- Channel separation 60～64dB (1KHz) 33ohms -50dB/